Post 6: Postgraduate Studies

Write about a postgraduate course that you would consider taking in the future.
Include:

- Reasons to do the course
- Subject(s) you would like to study
- Where you would like to study (Chile or abroad)
- How you would like to study (distance learning, blended system, part-time course, etc)
- Any other relevant ideas

- Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts

- Word Count: 220 words

 Conferenciante en la sala de conferencias del taller universitario. Audiencia en sala de conferencias. Vista posterior de un participante no reconocido en la audiencia. Conferencia científica.

 

 

I believe the main reason to study a postgraduate degree is to further one’s skills and knowledge in a particular field. At the same time, someone becomes more employable in some fields as well as value and trust after has taken postgraduate studies. Postgraduate qualifications is the only way into certain stages of a career, especially so in academia.

In the private sector, postgraduate qualifications are equally valuable. An MBA, for example, may advance your career in business in ways that nothing else can.

Once one chose a career the prospects of postgraduate qualifications are great benefits. For instance, a postgraduate may begin on a higher starting salary and advance more quickly for some line of work, but for other careers work experience is valued over postgraduate study.
Knowing all of the above, in my case, I went to Hunter College in New York to get my postgraduate degree as a social worker, MSW. This master degree was two year long. I decided to study abroad because I wanted to learn another language at the same time. I also wanted to learn about the services provided to low-income people in a developed country.
After ending my studies I worked and lived in NYC. I worked in foster care, school district for special education to mention some of the fields I worked in.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog